I am currently working on multiple projects with several wonderful colleagues. Below please find the links to the websites of some of my collaborators, as well as the citations for several selected papers that have resulted from our collective work.
Links to Research, Institutional, and Community Collaborators
- Rajan, S., Weishaar, T., & Keller, B. (2016). Weight and skin color as predictors of vitamin D status: Results of an epidemiological investigation using nationally representative data. Public Health Nutrition, 12, 1-8 [published online].
- Pelcher, A. & Rajan, S. (2016). After-school program implementation in urban environments: Increasing engagement among adolescent youth. Journal of School Health, [published online].
- Weishaar, T. Rajan, S., & Keller, B. (2016). Probability of vitamin D deficiency by body weight and race-ethnicity. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 29(2), 226 - 232.
- Aronson, I., Cleland, C., Perlman, D., Rajan S., Sun, W., Ferraris, C., Mayer, J., Ferris, D., & Bania, T. (2016). Mobile screening to identify and follow-up with high risk, HIV negative youth. Journal of Mobile Technology in Medicine, 4(3), published online.
- Rajan, S., Namdar, R., & Ruggles, K.V. (2015). Aggressive and violent behaviors in the school environment among a nationally representative sample of adolescent youth. Journal of School Health, 85(7), 446 - 457.
- Aronson, I.D., Marsch, L.A., Rajan, S., Koken, J., & Bania, T.C. (2015). Computer-based video to increase HIV testing among emergency department patients who decline. AIDS and Behavior, 19(3), 516 - 522.
- Ruggles, K.V. & Rajan, S. (2014). Gun possession among American youth: A discovery-based approach to understand gun violence. PLOS ONE, 9 (11): e111893.
- Weishaar, T. & Rajan, S. (2014). Importance of body weight and skin color in determining appropriate vitamin D3 supplement doses for children and adolescents. Pediatric Research, 77(2), 370 - 375.
- Leonard, N.R., Rajan, S., Aregbesola, T., & Gwadz, M. (2014). HIV testing patterns among urban YMSM of color. Health Education and Behavior, 41(6), 673-681.
- Melnick, G., Wexler, H., & Rajan, S. (2014). Measuring team members’ satisfaction in drug courts: An instrument to gauge the component disciplines in drug courts. Drug Court Review, 9(1), 56 – 73.
- Basch, C.E., Basch, C.B., Ruggles, K.V., & Rajan, S. (2014). Prevalence of sleep duration on an average school night among four nationally representative successive samples of American high school students (2007 – 2013). Preventing Chronic Disease, 11: 140383.
- Aronson, I.D., Rajan, S., Marsch, L.A., & Bania, T.C. (2013). How patient interactions with a computer-based video intervention affect decisions to test for HIV. Health Education and Behavior, 41(3), 259-266.
- Rajan, S., Leonard, N.R. Fletcher, R., Casarijan, B., Casarijan, R., & Cisse, C. (2012). Ambulatory autonomic activity monitoring among at-risk adolescent mothers. Journal of Mobile Technology in Medicine, 1(3), 25 - 31.
- Rajan, S. & Basch, C.E. (2012). Fidelity of after-school program implementation targeting adolescent youth: Identifying successful curricular and programmatic characteristics. Journal of School Health, 82(4), 159-165.